Monday, January 12, 2009

The Old Bag...............or "what I did yesterday"



Well, my fingers are sore from hand quilting so I took the day off and worked on a new tote bag or two. I have a stash of old jeans, blue, black, tan, white, etc. Every now and then I make something out of a pair, mostly tote bags. They're so fun to make, I never make the same one twice. Just depends on what size those jeans were and what details the jeans originally have. I like to keep as much of the original detail as possible.




I hated to throw out the remainder of the jeans after making this big tote but there wasn't enough "jean" to make much so the mini tote was born. Might make a cute little girls tote or maybe it's just perfect to carry around 6 cans of your favorite soda pop, I don't know. Yes, it's a bit weird but have you seen some of the bags young women are carrying around today? All sorts of fun and funky bags. But I think the little one still needs some embellishing, don't you?


chris

No comments:

Post a Comment